Avanti Farm School is a new all-through school (4-16) with two-forms of entry in primary and six-forms of entry at secondary. The school will be growing incrementally year by year to a full cohort of 1,320; the first intake of Year 7 pupils will be in September 2018 and the first Reception intake is to be confirmed.
Both permanent and temporary sites have been identified and the Heads of Terms are currently being negotiated.
The person appointed will ensure Avanti Farm provides its pupils an outstanding education rooted in the inclusive and distinctive Avanti Schools ethos of educational excellence, character development and spiritual insight. The new school is part of a growing family of Avanti schools and the Principal of Avanti Farm will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth and excellence of that family. Avanti Farm is the second secondary provision within the Trust and the successful candidate will be able to contribute to shaping the future of our trust-wide secondary offer.
All of our existing schools have strong senior teams in place, attainment and behaviour are excellent and parents and students are highly aspirational Trust-wide. The successful candidate, whilst not necessarily a Hindu, will subscribe fully to the ethos and vision of the Avanti Schools Trust for the school. Please see www.avanti.org.uk for more details.
• Leadership of the school and its staff in order to achieve the highest standards of teaching and learning, achievement and attainment and pupil behaviour.
• Assuring the establishment and growing strength of the Avanti mentoring and academic support systems.
• Implementation and coordination of the vision, ethos and strategy for the school.
• Leadership and nurture of the distinctively inclusive ethos and positive school culture.
• Leadership of effective external relationships, including with the community and other stakeholders.
• Contribution to the overall direction and development of the growing family of Avanti schools.
• Recruit, train, motivate and mentor all staff to achieve the best outcomes for all pupils.
• Instil an ethos of high expectations for behaviour and achievement of all pupils.
• Lead the development of the primary curriculum and culture.
• Maintain strong working relationships with the community, agencies and stakeholders, including parents, families and the Governing Body.
• Develop partnerships with other local schools, education providers, businesses and agencies to ensure that Avanti Farm plays a key role in the life of the community and learners have access to and an understanding of their community and their roles in it.
• Ensure robust operational systems are in place that support the school’s efficient functioning.
• Oversee, as it grows, the school’s finance and facilities so that the school assures the very best for all its learners.
• Share innovation and work with others in Avanti schools to develop good practice.
• Qualified to degree level and above.
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK.
• Successful experience of secondary school leadership (at least at deputy head level or equivalent).
• Experience of leadership in a highly successful school that provides an outstanding education for its pupils and a proven track record of excellent standards of teaching and learning.
• Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student.
• Effective leadership style that encourages participation, innovation and confidence.
• Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff within a performance management framework, including professional development.
• Ability to develop the leadership skills of others.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Accepts personal responsibility for their own actions.
• Resilience and motivation to lead the school through day-to-day challenges while maintaining a clear strategic vision and direction.
• Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence.
• Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
• Ability to establish close partnerships with parents, employers, providers of further and higher education and other stakeholders to enrich and broaden the school curriculum and student experience.
Vision and strategy:
• Vision aligned with the Avanti Schools Trust’s high aspirations and high expectations of self and others.
• Clear vision and understanding of how to implement and sustain high quality education in a primary school.
• Strategically leading all aspects of the school, such as training, curriculum, learning, administration, finance and communication.
• Clear vision and understanding of the strategies to establish consistently high standards of behaviour and commitment to relentlessly instilling these strategies.
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to delegate.
• Able to effectively use data and performance information to challenge and support learning, and raise standards for all.
Avanti Farm is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities. This position is not suitable for a job share.
Visits to our existing schools are welcomed by prior notification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications (hard copy or electronic) is noon on Monday 18th September 2017. Application forms can be downloaded at www.avanti.org.uk/careers or requested by email from email@example.com.
Completed applications should be signed and posted to Avanti Schools Trust, Camrose Avenue, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 6ES. Applications must reach the school by the closing date above and should be written for the attention of: Nitesh Gor.
Alternatively, the application may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org but it will be required to be signed by the shortlisted candidate on the day of interview.
It is anticipated that shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview by email, no later than Tuesday 19th September 2017. For shortlisted candidates, interviews will take place w/c 25th September 2017.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
NOTE: The aim of this job description is to indicate the general purpose and level of responsibility of the post. Please be aware that duties may vary from time to time without changing their character or general level of responsibility. Duties may be subject to periodic review by the line manager or nominated representative in consultation with the post-holder to reflect the changing needs of the school.
1 - 9 Employees